Posted to dev@apex.apache.org by Thomas Weise <th...@datatorrent.com> on 2015/11/06 10:14:34 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Apex Malhar Release 3.2.0-incubating (RC1)

Dear Community,

Please vote on the following Apache Apex Malhar 3.2.0-incubating release
candidate.

This is the first release of the Malhar library in ASF and it is based on
Apex core 3.2.0-incubating.

This is a source release.

List of all issues fixed: http://s.apache.org/2fZ

Staging directory:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/apex/malhar/v3.2.0-incubating-RC1
Source zip:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/apex/malhar/v3.2.0-incubating-RC1/malhar-3.2.0-incubating-source-release.zip
Source tar.gz:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/apex/malhar/v3.2.0-incubating-RC1/malhar-3.2.0-incubating-source-release.tar.gz
Maven staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheapex-1002/

Git source:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-apex-malhar.git;a=commit;h=refs/tags/v3.2.0-incubating-RC1
 (commit: 7d7d858d236efd60c1916d4382e3ae4050443bb7)

PGP key:
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=thw@apache.org
KEYS file:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/apex/KEYS

More information at:
http://apex.incubator.apache.org

Please try the release and vote; vote will close after 72 hours.

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Please add (binding) if your vote is binding. Votes from the initial
committers list are binding:

https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ApexProposal

Please indicate what testing or verification was performed, especially for
binding votes.

Thanks,
Thomas

Re: [VOTE] Apache Apex Malhar Release 3.2.0-incubating (RC1)

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@datatorrent.com>.
Based on the issues found we are going to cut a new RC.

Thanks

Posted by Amol Kekre <am...@datatorrent.com>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org>.
-0.

Checked DISCLAIMER,LICENSE, NOTICE files.
rat-check was clean.
Code compiles.
Sigs/checksums are valid.

For the CNN rss feeds, please refer to http://www.cnn.com/help/rss.html#10. If retained, I am not sure if something needs to be called out in the NOTICE file regarding follow-on usage.

thanks
— Hitesh

Posted by Sandeep Deshmukh <sa...@datatorrent.com>.
We am unable to checkout this tag. The tag is not visible in the repository
although we can see it on the link you provided for Git source. Are we
missing anything?

Regards,
Sandeep

Posted by Gaurav Gupta <ga...@datatorrent.com>.
+1 (binding)

Details for the release checklist items completed:

1. Downloaded https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/apex/malhar/v3.2.0-incubating-RC1/malhar-3.2.0-incubating-source-release.zip
2. Built it on Linux box using "mvn apache-rat:check install
-Dlicense.skip=false -DskipTests".
[INFO] Apache Apex Malhar (incubating) .................... SUCCESS [  6.112 s]
[INFO] Apache Apex Malhar (incubating) Library ............ SUCCESS [ 19.954 s]
[INFO] Apache Apex Malhar (incubating) Contrib Library .... SUCCESS [ 51.562 s]
[INFO] Apache Apex Malhar (incubating) Demos .............. SUCCESS [  1.489 s]
[INFO] Apache Apex Malhar (incubating) MachineData Demo ... SUCCESS [ 11.451 s]
[INFO] Apache Apex Malhar (incubating) Pi Demo ............ SUCCESS [  3.666 s]
[INFO] Apache Apex Malhar (incubating) Twitter Demo ....... SUCCESS [  5.287 s]
[INFO] Apache Apex Malhar (incubating) Yahoo! Finance Demo  SUCCESS [  3.203 s]
[INFO] Apache Apex Malhar (incubating) Fraud Detect Demo .. SUCCESS [  5.038 s]
[INFO] Apache Apex Malhar (incubating) Mobile Demo ........ SUCCESS [  2.761 s]
[INFO] Apache Apex Malhar (incubating) Wordcount Demo ..... SUCCESS [  3.096 s]
[INFO] Apache Apex Malhar (incubating) MR Monitoring Demo . SUCCESS [  2.803 s]
[INFO] Apache Apex Malhar (incubating) MR Operator Demo ... SUCCESS [  3.615 s]
[INFO] Apache Apex Malhar (incubating) Unique Count Demo .. SUCCESS [  4.378 s]
[INFO] Apache Apex Malhar (incubating) R Demo ............. SUCCESS [  3.530 s]
[INFO] Apache Apex Malhar (incubating) EchoServer Demo .... SUCCESS [  2.302 s]

3. Lauched PiDemo and it worked

As a note, when I did mvn install following test failed consistenly in
one of the environment. I have raised
https://malhar.atlassian.net/browse/MLHR-1893 to track it
FileSplitterInputTest.testRecoveryOfPartialFile:396 New file
expected:<1> but was:<0>

--
Thanks
-Gaurav

Posted by Amol Kekre <am...@datatorrent.com>.
> It can be removed sure, but would’t it be more useful to replace it with
something that you have permission to use and distribute?

Agreed, it is a sample RSS file.

Amol

Posted by Pramod Immaneni <pr...@datatorrent.com>.
Hi,

The CNN file is being used for a unit test, we will replace it with
something else.

Thanks

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@me.com>.
Hi

Posted by Amol Kekre <am...@datatorrent.com>.
Justin,
CNN copyright file could be taken out if it is an issue.. With regards to
DataTorrent copyright, the source was donated to ASF. Will it be ok if the
copyright notices are now changed to ASF for these files. This is a case of
us having missed changing them.

Thks,
Amol