Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Christophe Lombart <ch...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/13 23:04:17 UTC

ocm - new project structure

I plan to make the ocm reorganization during this week-end. Please, try to
avoid commit during this time.
I never made this kind of stuff with svn (reorg full folder tree...) . So,
I'm just wondering if there are some points to review before doing it. Is
the eclipse plugin is quite stable for this kind of svn operation ?

thanks
Christophe

Re: ocm - new project structure

Posted by Christophe Lombart <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the info. I will not have sufficient time to do it this week-end.
I will try to do it at the end of next week. sorry for the last change.

Christophe

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 9/14/07, Christophe Lombart <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I plan to make the ocm reorganization during this week-end. Please, try to
> avoid commit during this time.
> I never made this kind of stuff with svn (reorg full folder tree...) . So,
> I'm just wondering if there are some points to review before doing it. Is
> the eclipse plugin is quite stable for this kind of svn operation ?

I typically do larger reorganizations directly on the command line
(and then fix any broken build scripts, package names, etc. in
Eclipse), but I guess you could do it all within an IDE as well.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: ocm - new project structure

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Bertrand Delacretaz schrieb:
> On 9/13/07, Christophe Lombart <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> ...I never made this kind of stuff with svn (reorg full folder tree...) . So,
>> I'm just wondering if there are some points to review before doing ...
>
> As long as you tag the source tree before starting, the risk is zero.
>
> Like Jukka, I  prefer the old trusted command line for such extensive svn work.

Though one could think that todays IDEs can handle all of this properly,
at least my
Eclipse 3.3 with subclipse freaked out the last times when I refactored
the code. It did not only change the stuff I wanted to change, but
althoug absolutely unrelated code and broke nearly all imports. So if
you have a setup like this, I guess command line is much more sane.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: ocm - new project structure

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On 9/13/07, Christophe Lombart <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ...I never made this kind of stuff with svn (reorg full folder tree...) . So,
> I'm just wondering if there are some points to review before doing ...

As long as you tag the source tree before starting, the risk is zero.

Like Jukka, I  prefer the old trusted command line for such extensive svn work.

-Bertrand