Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Owen Thomas <ow...@gmail.com> on 2020/12/26 05:10:04 UTC

Re: Netbeans 12.1: Cannot access java.lang?

On Mon, 30 Nov 2020 at 19:32, Peter Hull <pe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would check:
> 1. Does your Java platform setup look reasonable? (in Tools | Java
> Platforms )
> 2. Does this error occur for a new project or just existing ones? (e.g.
> set up a new "Java with Ant" application)
> I think I've seen something like this before and it was down to the Java
> platform configuration.

Hello again. Having acquired my new laptop, I am setting it up and have
encountered the same problem that I was having when I earlier installed
NetBeans 12.2 on another computer. The other was, and the new one is
running Ubuntu 20.04.

I tried to create a new project, and I found that the error was also
occurring; namely that java.lang could not be found on almost every line of
source code.

When I look at the Java Platforms dialogue as advised by Peter, it presents
two entries: "Java 14" and "Java 14 (Default)". The first entry looks fine,
but the second one appears to be amiss because as the attached screenshot
shows that it is missing apparent details. The remove option also appears
to be disabled, so I'm currently at a loss. How do I get rid of this second
entry?

  Owen.

Re: Netbeans 12.1: Cannot access java.lang?

Posted by Bayless Kirtley <bk...@cox.net>.
Looks like I am running open jdk 11 rather than 14

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Bayless Kirtley <bk...@cox.net>.
No.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.
NetBeans installer asks where to look for the JVM during the install. Or
you could use the Snap package, for the most carefree installation on
Ubuntu (and other Linuxes as well)

sudo snap install netbeans --classic

Posted by Bayless Kirtley <bk...@cox.net>.

Posted by Owen Thomas <ow...@gmail.com>.