Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Sachith Withana <sw...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/02 02:12:08 UTC

Introducing Sachith Withana

Hi All,

I'm Sachith Withana, a 3rd year undergrad at University of Moratuwa, Sri
Lanka studying Computer Science and Engineering. Currently I'm working on
my internship at UITS, Indiana University on the Apache Airavata project.

I'm really interested in the Apache Kafka project and I'd love to
contribute. I'm considering to take on Distributed Computing as my area of
research for post graduate studies and I know that contributing to Apache
Kafka would help me a learn a lot.

I went through the documentation and successfully completed the examples
given. I'm getting into the code now.

How would you recommend a newbie like me should proceed in contributing to
the project while getting to know the code?

Any help is appreciated.

Sachith Withana

Re: Introducing Sachith Withana

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
Sachith,

Thanks for you interest in Kafka. To get started, we some jiras tagged with
newbie that you can start looking.

Jun