Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Kevin Moran <gr...@yahoo.com> on 2002/05/28 01:32:53 UTC

Accessing Slide From An EJB?

Hi,
    Earlier this month Jean-Philippe posted some nice
code
(http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=slide-user&m=102033777129601&w=2)
for creating users in Slide.  I'm now trying to use
this code from within an EJB.  My question is does
Slide need a password in order to operate properly in
situations where the app server is handling
authentication?  My guess is no, but I want to confirm
this.  I have a single EAR file with Slide and my EJBs
in it that I'm deploying to my app server, JBoss,
under a particular security domain.  I've enabled
authentication in Slide via its web.xml.  Because the
app server is handling authentication, I don't believe
I have access to a password from within my EJB, just
an instance of java.security.Principal.  So I really
can't provide a password to Jean-Philippe's code.  I
just want to make sure that the absence of a password
won't prohibit me from using any of Slide's APIs from
within my EJBs.

Thanks in advance,
-kevin