Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org> on 1997/01/27 08:35:53 UTC

pipelining update

I've got the client and have been able to reproduce the hangs.
But after a few hours looking at tcpdumps (there's a useful tool at
<http://HTTP.CS.Berkeley.EDU/~daw/mike/> for decoding tcpdumps) I figured
out how to make the client hang.  It appears to hang on a pipelined
response if the "HTTP/1.1 200 OK\r\n" of the previous response is split
across two packets.  I was able to reproduce the hang by forcing apache
to bflush() in the middle of the header.

I've sent a detailed report back to Henrik Frystyk Nielsen and will follow
up here later when we've concluded if my analysis is correct or not.

Dean