Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Matthew Oatham <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2003/04/16 13:03:03 UTC

locale

Hi,

Does anyone know how what options I can pass to the jvm to change the
locale?

I'm on a uk machine and getting the locale in a jsp sasys so. However I want
to test with us locale etc... do the options -Duser.region=US
-Duser.language=US sound familiar? Although they don't seem to work!

Cheers,

Matt

Re: locale

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
The browser also sends locale information to the webserver. This can be
queried via:
public java.util.Locale ServletRequest.getLocale()
public java.util.Enumeration ServletRequest.getLocales()

If these are the locales you are talking about, then you'll need to reconfig
your browser, and not the JVM.

-Tim