Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Jingsong Li <ji...@gmail.com> on 2022/04/29 02:24:09 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Flink Table Store 0.1.0, release candidate #2

Hi everyone,

Please review and vote on the release candidate #2 for the version 0.1.0 of
Apache Flink Table Store, as follows:

[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

**Release Overview**

As an overview, the release consists of the following:
a) Table Store canonical source distribution, to be deployed to the
release repository at dist.apache.org
b) Maven artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository

**Staging Areas to Review**

The staging areas containing the above mentioned artifacts are as follows,
for your review:
* All artifacts for a) and b) can be found in the corresponding dev
repository at dist.apache.org [2]
* All artifacts for c) can be found at the Apache Nexus Repository [3]
* Pre Bundled Binaries Jar can work fine with quick start [4][5]

All artifacts are signed with the key
2C2B6A653B07086B65E4369F7C76245E0A318150 [6]

Other links for your review:
* JIRA release notes [7]
* source code tag "release-0.1.0-rc2" [8]
* PR to update the website Downloads page to include Table Store
links [9]

**Vote Duration**

The voting time will run for at least 72 hours.
It is adopted by majority approval, with at least 3 PMC affirmative votes.

Best,
Jingsong Lee

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/Verifying+a+Flink+Table+Store+Release
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/flink/flink-table-store-0.1.0-rc2/
[3] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1502/
[4] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1502/org/apache/flink/flink-table-store-dist/0.1.0/flink-table-store-dist-0.1.0.jar
[5] https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-table-store-docs-release-0.1/docs/try-table-store/quick-start/
[6] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/flink/KEYS
[7] https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315522&version=12351234
[8] https://github.com/apache/flink-table-store/tree/release-0.1.0-rc2
[9] https://github.com/apache/flink-web/pull/531

Re: [VOTE] Apache Flink Table Store 0.1.0, release candidate #2

Posted by Jingsong Li <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Thanks for your review on flink-web PR.
I have resolved comments, please take a look if you have time~

Hi Becket and Yu,
About quick-start, I created a JIRA to improve:

Hi Yun, thanks for your PR, I have merged it.

Best,
Jingsong

Posted by Jark Wu <im...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jingsong Li <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jark,

Posted by Jark Wu <im...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Yun Tang <my...@live.com>.
First of all, thanks for Jinsong to drive this. I checked the following:

  *   Reviewed the PR of release note.
  *   Build the package from the scratch: OK
  *   Check that the README.md file does not have anything unexpected: *seems not OK*

I noticed that current README actually does not give correct description of how to build and get the expected jar package, and I created a PR [1] to resolve this.

Posted by Yu Li <ca...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Becket Qin <be...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jingsong,

Posted by Jingsong Li <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Konstantin and OpenInx,

Posted by OpenInx <op...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nicholas Jiang <ni...@apache.org>.
Hi everyone,

Posted by Konstantin Knauf <kn...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

* mvn clean package - PASSED
* checked signatures & checksums of source artifacts - OK
* went through quick start - WORKS
* skimmed over NOTICE file - LOOKS GOOD

I also read over the announcement blog post. In my opinion, we could try to
motivate the project a bit better. What is the problem that
flink-table-store will solve? What is its relationship to Apache Flink
itself? Since this is the first release, I am sure a lot of users will ask
themselves these questions.

Am Fr., 29. Apr. 2022 um 11:49 Uhr schrieb Caizhi Weng <tsreaper96@gmail.com

--
https://twitter.com/snntrable
https://github.com/knaufk

Re: [VOTE] Apache Flink Table Store 0.1.0, release candidate #2

Posted by Caizhi Weng <ts...@gmail.com>.
Hi all!

Posted by Jingsong Li <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hi Konstantin,

Thanks for your suggestions. I will add more descriptions.

Best,
Jingsong

Posted by Jane Chan <qi...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,