Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Richard Reyes <ri...@gmail.com> on 2005/05/25 08:40:50 UTC

Help Please...... ( Struts on Iplanet )

Hello Guys,

I am trying to deploy my struts webapp on an iPlanet 6 server with
SP5. I have this error eight now....

12] failure (19732): 	Internal error: servlet service function had
thrown ServletException (uri=/index.jsp):
javax.servlet.ServletException, stack: javax.servlet.ServletException

		at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:453)

		at _jsps._index_jsp._jspService(_index_jsp.java:123)

		at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:119)

		at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.java:248)

		at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.access$6(JspServlet.java:238)

		at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:519)

		at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:588)

		at com.iplanet.server.http.servlet.NSServletRunner.invokeServletService(NSServletRunner.java:919)

		at com.iplanet.server.http.servlet.WebApplication.service(WebApplication.java:1061)

		at com.iplanet.server.http.servlet.NSServletRunner.ServiceWebApp(NSServletRunner.java:981)

	, root cause: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException

		at org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.MessageTag.doStartTag(MessageTag.java:233)

		at _jsps._index_jsp._jspService(_index_jsp.java:95)

Re: Help Please...... ( Struts on Iplanet )

Posted by Santosh K Rath <sa...@in.ibm.com>.
Hi Richard ,
 I would like to know , how are you deploying?Are you deploying making
war/ear file or deploying the file system.

If war file then why don't try putting struts-bean.tld file in WEB-INF
folder.

After that
I would like you write <%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld" prefix=
"bean" %> on top of the jsp page.
Please try this and get back to me. Mean while , let me find out something
more.
Thanks.
Santosh

Richard Reyes <ri...@gmail.com>
05/25/2005 01:59 PM
Please respond to
"Struts Users Mailing List"

Santosh K Rath/India/IBM@IBMIN
cc
Struts Users Mailing List <us...@struts.apache.org>
Subject
Re: Help Please...... ( Struts on Iplanet )

Hi Santosh,

I tried both html's and they all worked. Now I tried the second one with
<%@ taglib uri="/tags/struts-bean" prefix="bean" %>
on top and it generated the same error as above.

Thank you for helping me I have no idea whats going on in this iplanet
server

Richard

Posted by Richard Reyes <ri...@gmail.com>.
Hi Santosh,

Posted by Santosh K Rath <sa...@in.ibm.com>.
Richard,

Posted by Richard Reyes <ri...@gmail.com>.
Hi Santosh,

Posted by Richard Reyes <ri...@gmail.com>.
Hi Santosh,

Heres line 123...

if (pageContext != null) pageContext.handlePageException(ex);