Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Fernando Lozano <fe...@lozano.eti.br> on 2012/12/07 18:34:28 UTC

TomEE with Eclipse Juno: any plugin or docs?

Hi there,

So far I've been using jboss and other app servers using vendor-provided
plug-ins that configure the server inside the Eclipse Workspace or
configure the project classpath to use jars supplied as part of the app
server for java ee apis.

Using TomEE there isn't a specific Eclipse plugin, but Tomcat support
embebed in Eclipse Java EE doesn't know TomEE provides JSF, EJB, etc,
and also doesn't know TomEE+ provides JAX-WS and JAX-RS.

Are there plans on a TomEE eclipse plugin?

Do you know about a tutorial on configuring Eclispe Java EE Project
facets for TomEE? I don't want to configure as it it were, for example,
Apache CXF stand-alone.

I don't expect to find anything already complete and ready to use, I
want to find what already exists and what doesn't so I can contribute to
make a developer experience using TomEE as simple as possible.

[]s, Fernando Lozano

Re: TomEE with Eclipse Juno: any plugin or docs?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Ear, jar deployments. Error analyzis, webservices helpers, ...

Posted by Harald Wellmann <hw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
not sure i get exactly your point (i dont know enough eclipse
probably). can you detail it?

for instance, IIRC, eclipse web projects have WS integration by default, no?

Romain Manni-Bucau
Twitter: @rmannibucau
Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/
Github: https://github.com/rmannibucau

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
I was going to reply saying pretty much the same thing :)

Using the standard Tomcat 7 WTP adapter in Eclipse should work fine for
.war files. I currently use it in Juno without any problems. If you do run
into any problems using it, do let us know and we'll see what we can do to
sort it out.

Jon

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.

--