Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Estrade Matthieu <es...@ifrance.com> on 2003/01/29 19:15:56 UTC

Auth problem

Hi,

I will try to draw the problem i have...

I am using mod_auth_ldap or mod_auth_radius for apache 2.0 (apache
2.0.44-dev)

when i setup a authentication with ldap, i do

<Location /TEST>

AuthName authentication
AuthType basic
(a misterious directive i need and i can't remember)
AuthLDAPEnable ON

</Location>

this is what i can read in my log file.

[Wed Jan 29 19:02:00 2003] [error] [client 192.168.100.3] (9)Bad file
descriptor: Could not open password file: (null)

I got this problem few month ago only with ldap, i found the directive
which allow basic auth to let the login/pass go to mod_ldap.
but i can't remember it... or i do something more which is wrong...

i have the same problem with mod_auth_radius, with the same error log...
I tried to use AuthBasicAuthoritative Off and it's still not working.

sorry if this problem seems stupid... but it's the end of the day...

regards,

M.E

GRAND JEU SMS : Pour gagner un NOKIA 7650, envoyez le mot IF au 61321
(prix d'un SMS + 0.35 euro). Un SMS vous dira si vous avez gagn�.
R�glement : http://www.ifrance.com/_reloc/sign.sms

RE: Auth problem

Posted by "John K. Sterling" <jo...@sterls.com>.
Hi -

This is more of a question for the users list, not the dev list, but i'll
answer below:

You need to either disable other auth modules (i.e. mod_auth) or turn off
any of them that are authoritative with:

AuthAuthoritative off

sterling