Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by rs...@yahoo.com on 2007/10/31 14:36:40 UTC

Basic problem with running CXF samples

I'm using the CXF binary distribution
apache-cxf-2.0.2-incubator. I tried running 'ant
server' from the samples/java_first_pojo directory.
Then from a second shell I ran 'ant client' but the
client failed to connect after a
SocketTimeoutException. When the server comes up it
does give the message "Server ready...". Running
netstat -tea does show port 9000 to be open but trying
to open http://localhost:9000/Hello from a browser
fails to connect also.

I've tried a couple of other examples
(java_first_jaxws and wsdl_first) with the same
result. Also, I just downloaded version 2.0.1 and
tried running the hello_world sample and had the same
experience.

Any suggestions on how to get the examples working or
find out what is wrong?

Thanks,
Rossen

Re: Basic problem with running CXF samples

Posted by rstoyanchev <rs...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

Thanks for your response. It seems to work now (it might have been some
networking issue in my own environment.)

With regards to the README.txt actually I find this quite confusing:

"If your environment already includes cxf-manifest-incubator.jar on the
CLASSPATH, and the JDK and ant bin directories on the PATH
it is not necessary to set the environment as described in
the samples directory README.  If your environment is not
properly configured, or if you are planning on using wsdl2java,
javac, and java to build and run the demos, you must set the
environment."

This comment should not be placed before the ANT instructions because it
gives the impression that you need to do something special. In fact all you
need to do is:

ant server
ant client

Re: Basic problem with running CXF samples

Posted by Jeff Yu <je...@iona.com>.
Follow those sample's README, do it as same as described, it should work
fine.
otherwise, post the exception stack that you had, so that we can help
you analysis the problem, right?

Regards
Jeff

Posted by William Zhu <zh...@yahoo.com>.
The server will time-out in 5 minutes (You can change it in server class).

  So you need to test your client in 5 minutes after the server was started.

  Hope this can give your help.

http://mail.yahoo.com