Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Dan Adams <da...@ifactory.com> on 2007/11/06 19:14:32 UTC

[t5] Creating an event to another page

So I have a link that, when clicked, I want to fire an 'add' event in
some page. The way I'm currently doing this is as follows:

Page page = pageCache.get("nameofthepage");
Link link = page.createActionLink(page.getRootElement(), "add", false);

When running this through PageTester I get an exception that the
component id is not found. I'm assuming this means that when using
action links you have to specify a component. Am I doing something
wrong? How do you fire a named event in other page?

--
Dan Adams
Senior Software Engineer

Re: [t5] Creating an event to another page

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.
On Nov 6, 2007 7:14 PM, Dan Adams <da...@ifactory.com> wrote:

> So I have a link that, when clicked, I want to fire an 'add' event in
> some page. The way I'm currently doing this is as follows:
>
> Page page = pageCache.get("nameofthepage");
> Link link = page.createActionLink(page.getRootElement(), "add", false);
>
> When running this through PageTester I get an exception that the
> component id is not found. I'm assuming this means that when using
> action links you have to specify a component. Am I doing something
> wrong? How do you fire a named event in other page?

I've always used page activation context trying to re-factorize when
things get complicated, RequestPageCache is an internal service/class
so I've avoided dealing with it.
But this is something I've always wanted to know.

--
Massimo
http://meridio.blogspot.com