Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Bruce Lombardi <br...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/14 20:07:22 UTC

Link to Wicket page from Javascript

Hi,

An earlier question I asked about session timeouts was answered by Martin
Grigorov. I am implementing his suggestion and have a JQuery script  what
sets a timer that times out after a certain period of inactivity. The
timeout triggers a function call.  Currently,  for a quick test,  I have
that function use location.href to go to an arbitrary static web page like
this:

function whenUserIdle(){

                location.href = 'http://www.natural-environment.com';

}

That works fine, but now I need to make it go to a Wicket page in my
application, similar to what would happen if I had an anchor tag like:

<a wicket:id=" SessionTimeoutPage" href="#">SessionTimeoutPage</a>

But I can't figure out how to do this in the javascript function. Can anyone
tell me how to call the Wicket page from the javascript function?

Thanks,

Bruce

Re: Link to Wicket page from Javascript

Posted by Bruce Lombardi <br...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, tis is very helpful.

Bruce

Sent from my iPad

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
You can see it at work here

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
Martin,

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 8:44 PM, Bruce Lombardi <br...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Ernesto,  I was hoping for something simpler since what I have now
> with a simple Jquery timer does everything I need except go the the
> SessionTimeoutPage, where I would, as you suggest, invalidate the session.
> I'm sure your solution would work, but I'm not familiar enough with
> AbstractAjaxBehavior to implement it easily and the examples I've seen look
> complicated.
>
> Sometimes it is more difficult to explain something than to do it... Hope
this helps

https://github.com/reiern70/antilia-bits/tree/master/client-sign-out-parent

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi,