Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Thierry Lach <th...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/05 20:39:39 UTC

Different scopes for same jar depending on profile?

I'm putting together a build process in which I want to be able to customize
the war build to optionally exclude certain jars under certain profiles.
Specifically, I want to exclude the junit jar from WEB-INF/lib if (and only
if) I'm building using the profile jboss, triggered by -Djboss-build on the
command line.

So I want <scope>provided</scope> when building for jboss, but
<scope>compile</scope> when not.  Is there any way that I can accomplish
this?

Re: Different scopes for same jar depending on profile?

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
I would just solve this with 2 profiles and a shared variable ie
${myscope} which is set in the profiles to be "provided" or "compile".
Then in the various poms, I'd specify the dependency as
<scope>${myscope}</scope>.

Alternatively you can specify the dependencies themselves in the profiles [0].

[0] http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Build+Profiles

Wayne

Posted by Thierry Lach <th...@gmail.com>.