Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Sergio <se...@yahoo.com> on 2003/01/13 06:52:57 UTC

1.4b3 customizer (button bar) problem

Hello,
I just downloaded and installed jetspeed 1.4b3 after
developing with 1.4b1 since its availability.
However, when I installed, everything was looking good
until I found out that all the buttons on the
customizer screen were missing (add, skins, etc),
except the apply and cancel buttons on the bottom.  I
looked at the velocity customizer templates and found
nothing unusual.  I also tried to look as thoroughly
through the documentation as I could, but nothing
seems to be answering my problem.  Can anyone suggest
anything?

A second question I have is exactly which psml
template should I edit so that new users inherit that
template?

Thanx,
Sergio

Re: 1.4b3 customizer (button bar) problem

Posted by Gary Lawrence Murphy <ga...@canada.com>.

    S> A second question I have is exactly which psml template should
    S> I edit so that new users inherit that template?

I don't know about the first issue, but the second is easy: There's a
property that specifies either a user to use as the initial template
or a role; you can specify multiple roles to merge the psml's together
into a new user.

Do a grep on your WEB-INF/conf directory for "merge" and you should
find it; IIRC, there are two places where this is set, one in Turbine
properties, the other (role settings) in with the security stuff.
--
Gary Lawrence Murphy - garym@teledyn.com - TeleDynamics Communications
   - blog: http://www.teledyn.com/mt/ - biz: http://teledyn.com/ -