Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Spinner, Mike" <Mi...@gft.de> on 2000/07/20 09:58:38 UTC

include own java class

Hi all !

I'm new in Cocoon.
It is installed on Windows NT.

Everthing's all right, but if I want to include
my own java class in xsp, I get some problems.

I tried it twice:
First I added my class to the tool.jar File. So I hoped
it is no problem to access the class.

Second I generated my own jar (and zip) file to
which I later added my class. This time I added the
path to the jserv.properties. Also I added the path
of my jar file to the classpath (environment variable)

In both cases I restartet the apache webserver.
But I alway get the error message:

java.lang.Exception: XSP Java Compiler: Compilation failed for
_bestellung_mail.java
error: File c:\jdk1.3\lib\tools.jar(com/gft/shop/SendMail.class) does not
contain type com.gft.shop.SendMail as expected, but type SendMail. Please
remove the file, or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory of the
class path.
32: Class com.gft.shop.SendMail not found in import.
      import com.gft.shop.SendMail;
             ^
2 errors

	at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaProcessor.compile(XSPJa
vaProcessor.java:142)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor.process(XSPProcessor.java:439)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Engine.java:284)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:588)
	at
org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest(JServConnection.java:314)
	at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(JServConnection.java:188)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

Can anybody help me ?
Is therer maybe a step by step description what do do if want include own
java classes ?

Thanx Mike.