Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Paolo Rodeghiero <pa...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/23 10:33:50 UTC

Hadoop metrics documentation

Hi to all the list,
I'm doing my Master's Thesis on MapReduce and its implementation on
Hadoop. I'm trying to validate a computational model using experimental
results. To do so, I'm collecting metrics using metrics2.

As I asked before on common-users, I can't find a proper documentation
for the metrics: I'm looking to have at least the list of all possible
metrics, their unit of measurement and a proper description on how is
calculated.

If no one ever took that task on, if you help me I can try to write it.

Best regards,
Paolo Rodeghiero