Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Gunjan Doshi <gd...@softhome.net> on 2000/11/21 00:47:54 UTC

Not able to find cocoon.properties file

Friends:
Following is the configuration I use:
Win NT Server
Tomcat 3.1
Jdk1.2.2
Cocoon 1.8

My cocoon.properties file is on f drive and tomcat engine is on c drive. The tomcat engine is not able to find the properties file.

Following is the servlet declaration in the web.xml file in tomcat
<servlet>
 <servlet-name>
  org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon
 </servlet-name>
 <servlet-class>
  org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon
 </servlet-class>
 <init-param>
  <param-name>
   properties
  </param-name>
  <param-value>
F://cocoon-1.8//conf//cocoon.properties

  </param-value>
 </init-param>
</servlet>

This is the error I get when I type http://localhost:8080/Cocoon.xml

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\jakarta-tomcat\webapps\ROOT\F:\cocoon-1.8\conf\cocoon.properties (The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect)
	at java.io.FileInputStream.(FileInputStream.java:68)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.file.FileURLConnection.connect(FileURLConnection.java:72)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.file.FileURLConnection.getInputStream(FileURLConnection.java:136)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.init(Cocoon.java:123)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.initServlet(ServletWrapper.java, Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java, Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:559)
	at org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java:160)
	at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java:338)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

Thanks in advance
Gunjan

Re: Not able to find cocoon.properties file

Posted by Gunjan Doshi <gd...@softhome.net>.
Thanks
I was wandering if it ispossible to change this default lookup relative to web-app\root directory
Gunjan

Posted by Hao Wang <hb...@cs.wisc.edu>.
Path is relative in this case. The exception message says that it's
looking under C:\jakarta-tomcat\webapps\ROOT

So, I think that's where you should put it.

Hao

On Mon, 20 Nov 2000, Gunjan Doshi wrote:

> Friends:
> Following is the configuration I use:
> Win NT Server
> Tomcat 3.1
> Jdk1.2.2
> Cocoon 1.8
>
> My cocoon.properties file is on f drive and tomcat engine is on c drive. The tomcat engine is not able to find the properties file.
>
> Following is the servlet declaration in the web.xml file in tomcat
> <servlet>
>  <servlet-name>
>   org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon
>  </servlet-name>
>  <servlet-class>
>   org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon
>  </servlet-class>
>  <init-param>
>   <param-name>
>    properties
>   </param-name>
>   <param-value>
> F://cocoon-1.8//conf//cocoon.properties
>
>   </param-value>
>  </init-param>
> </servlet>
>
> This is the error I get when I type http://localhost:8080/Cocoon.xml
>
> java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\jakarta-tomcat\webapps\ROOT\F:\cocoon-1.8\conf\cocoon.properties (The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect)
> 	at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
> 	at java.io.FileInputStream.(FileInputStream.java:68)
> 	at sun.net.www.protocol.file.FileURLConnection.connect(FileURLConnection.java:72)
> 	at sun.net.www.protocol.file.FileURLConnection.getInputStream(FileURLConnection.java:136)
> 	at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.init(Cocoon.java:123)
> 	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.initServlet(ServletWrapper.java, Compiled Code)
> 	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java, Compiled Code)
> 	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:559)
> 	at org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java:160)
> 	at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java:338)
>

> Thanks in advance
> Gunjan

Hao Wang
Computer Science Department