Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Sevada Abraamyan <se...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/15 02:41:58 UTC

Unmanaged AM in secure cluster

Hi,

I am trying to find out if the Yarn unmanaged AM can be used in a secure
cluster (Kerberized). I stumbled upon a ticket from 2012 that points to the
fact that there might not be a way for the tokens to be passed to unmanaged
AM yet https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-937. However, I am aware
that Llama is using the unmanaged AM and they've been able to use it in a
secure cluster. Maybe this ticket is no longer in sync with the current
state of the project?

Can someone with deeper understanding of Yarn internals please clear up
this issue for me?

Thanks!