Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Heligon Sandra <sa...@nextream.fr> on 2002/08/29 10:15:37 UTC

Modify the default JVM settings to improve Tomcat performance

	Hi,

	I am creating a web application where Apache and Tomcat work
together.
	I read a document "Real World Configuration Tips" that explains how
improve
	Tomcat performance.
	It is recommended to modify JVM parameters but I don't know Java
very good and
	I don't understand how modify JVM parameters.
	I understood that several JVM can be installed on the same machine
(JVM of  Windows,
	JVM delivered with the development tools JBuilder in my case, or an
other version downloaded
	from the Sun's site) .
	What JVM do we use ?
	The JDK has to be compatible with the module (mod_jk) under Apache.
	It is recommended to modify the default JVM settings (memory,
threading configurations ...).
	How can I modify these parameters ?
	I don't find any JVM.conf file.
	I use JDK1.3 with Jbuilder and I downloaded too the JDK1.4.

	Thanks a lot in advance.