Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Edwin <ed...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/05 12:47:47 UTC

Optimal way of exposing a JMX MBean when using Camel

Hi Folks,

I have a bean that I would like to expose via JMX. I am currently using the
org.springframework.jmx.export.MBeanExporter to reference/export the bean.
The bean then gets exported to the MBeanServer that Camel stands up and I
can manage it via JConsole etc.

I'm wondering what are the best practices for exposing a custom MBean to the
Camel MBeanServer. Would folks see any issues with the approach I have
taken. Does Camel provide any out of the box way to achieve this?

Any insights are much appreciated

Thanks,
Edwin

Re: Optimal way of exposing a JMX MBean when using Camel

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Camel does not have a mbean exporter.

However if a bean is used in a Camel route, you can add either Spring
or Camel JMX annotations to it, and have it enlisted as if it was a
Camel processor / eip.

A dedicated mbean exporter as spring is not really camel's core logic.
But frankly would be nice if it was something that the JDK offered out
of the box.

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 12:47 PM, Edwin <ed...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I have a bean that I would like to expose via JMX. I am currently using the
> org.springframework.jmx.export.MBeanExporter to reference/export the bean.
> The bean then gets exported to the MBeanServer that Camel stands up and I
> can manage it via JConsole etc.
>
> I'm wondering what are the best practices for exposing a custom MBean to the
> Camel MBeanServer. Would folks see any issues with the approach I have
> taken. Does Camel provide any out of the box way to achieve this?
>
> Any insights are much appreciated
>
> Thanks,
> Edwin

Claus Ibsen