Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by matteo rulli <ma...@abodata.com> on 2012/10/22 11:11:41 UTC

Network of brokers and multiple transport connectors (tcp and ssl)

Dear all,

I'd like just to get experts' advice on the following ActiveMQ (5.6.0) use
case.

I would like to establish a network of brokers and dispatch brokers
existence through auto-discovery.

The network of broker exists within a private LAN. Some consumers/producers
will operate within the same LAN, some others outside the LAN. If the
consumers/producers operate within the LAN I want to consume and produce
messages through TCP openwire. Otherwise, if clients are outside the private
LAN, I want them to interact with the network of brokers through SSL.

In any case, I want the clients be able to discover new instances of brokers
through discovery.

So the question is: is the following broker-side configuration ok?

.

<networkConnectors>

<networkConnector name="default-nc" uri="multicast://default"/>

<networkConnector name="secured-nc" uri="multicast://secured"
failover="true"/> <!-Do I really need this? -->

</networkConnectors>

<transportConnectors>

<transportConnector name="openwire" uri="tcp://0.0.0.0:61616"
updateClusterClients="true"

discoveryUri="multicast://default"/> <!-- LAN connections -->
<transportConnector name="ssl" uri="ssl+nio://0.0.0.0:61617"
updateClusterClients="true"

discoveryUri="multicast://secured"/> <!-- Extra-LAN connections -->

</transportConnectors>
.

And client-side I would use either the ssl or the tcp connector, depending
on client location:

               failover://tcp://primary:61616  if my client (producer or
consumer) is within the LAN

               failover://ssl://primary:61616     if my client (producer or
consumer) is outside the LAN

Thank you for your answers!

matteo