Posted to dev@weex.apache.org by Jinjiang Zhao <zh...@me.com> on 2017/02/20 06:50:34 UTC

Re: [discuss] how to move the current community here from GitHub?

Hey guys,

I have synced our code of v0.10.0 tag [1] onto apache repo. After this week we will stop committing code to alibaba/weex and move our whole community to Apache. So I will make another sync on Feb 24th. And I also updated the README [2], and issue [3] / pr [4] templates for notice and explanations.

Hope everything will be fine.
Thanks.

[1] https://github.com/alibaba/weex/releases/tag/v0.10.0
[2] https://github.com/apache/incubator-weex/blob/master/README.md
[3] https://raw.githubusercontent.com/alibaba/weex/dev/.github/ISSUE_TEMPLATE.md
[4] https://raw.githubusercontent.com/alibaba/weex/dev/.github/PULL_REQUEST_TEMPLATE.md

Jinjiang

On Jan 18, 2017, at 04:55 PM, Hanks Zhang <zh...@gmail.com> wrote:

Great ! I also found a lot of duplication in our GitHub issues. I think we
could summarize the FAQ and record it to StackOverflow and SegmentFault at
first.

That's a good idea!We should guide more community developers。
------------------------------------------------------------------From:Jinjiang
Zhao <zh...@me.com>Send Time:2017年1月18日(星期三) 10:52To:dev <
dev@weex.incubator.apache.org>Subject:Re: [discuss] how to move the
current community here from GitHub?
After a conversation with Evan You yesterday, we both think it's better to
guide
the users to ask questions in StackOverflow (en) [1] & SegmentFault (cn)
[2]
because these two platforms are more professional for asking and answering
questions than GitHub/JIRA issues.

The guide could be in our current GitHub issue template [3], README [4] and
homepage [5].

At the same time maybe I will write an article in English and share it to
Twitter and
HackerNews to welcome more people discuss and collaborate with us in our
mailing list.
[1] https://stackoverflow.com/[2] https://segmentfault.com/[3]
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/alibaba/weex/dev/.github/ISSUE_
TEMPLATE.md[4] https://github.com/alibaba/weex[5] https://weex-project.io/
Thanks.
Jinjiang
On Jan 13, 2017, at 05:38 PM, Jinjiang Zhao <zh...@me.com> wrote:

Hey guys,
I think before finishing ISSUE-1 [1] we can have a discussion at the same
timeabout moving former community here from GitHub [2].
I have some points:1. Update the github issue template [3] to guide
developers subscribe apachemailing list and discuss here.2. Moving some
GitHub issues opened by ourselves here one-by-one.3. There are a lot of
issues in Chinese. How to deal with these issues? Anyideas about that?4.
Stay our Chinese chat room in gitter [4].
Thanks.
[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WEEX-1[2] https://
github.com/alibaba/weex[3] https://raw.githubusercontent.
com/alibaba/weex/dev/.github/ISSUE_TEMPLATE.md[4] https://