Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Pabolu, Adinarayana (MED, GEMS-IT)" <Ad...@geind.ge.com> on 2003/04/29 07:17:05 UTC

Newbie question about FOP

I downloaded FOP(  <http://xml.apache.org/dist/fop/fop-0.20.5rc2-bin.tar.gz> fop-0.20.5rc2-bin.tar.gz) from http://xml.apache.org/dist/fop/. It is giving error " Error reading header after processing 0 entries". Is there any other place I can download FOP? I faced the same problem with old version of FOP from the same site.

Regards,
Adinarayana

Re: Newbie question about FOP

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Pabolu, Adinarayana (MED, GEMS-IT) wrote:

> I downloaded FOP(  <http://xml.apache.org/dist/fop/fop-0.20.5rc2-bin.tar.gz>
> fop-0.20.5rc2-bin.tar.gz) from http://xml.apache.org/dist/fop/. It is giving
> error " Error reading header after processing 0 entries".

Sounds like your untar utility is confused. I remember that *very*
old tars have incompatiblities with more modern tars, in particular
GNU tar, which may result in this error message. Another possiblity
is that it either missed uncompressing, or that uncompressing failed
and the error message was dropped somehow.
In either case, you can try with another toolset, or at least identify
the toolset you are using.

J.Pietschmann

RE: Newbie question about FOP

Posted by Victor Mote <vi...@outfitr.com>.
Pabolu, Adinarayana wrote:

<---start--->
I downloaded FOP(fop-0.20.5rc2-bin.tar.gz) from
http://xml.apache.org/dist/fop/. It is giving error " Error reading header
after processing 0 entries". Is there any other place I can download FOP? I
faced the same problem with old version of FOP from the same site.

The direct answer to your questions is found at:
http://xml.apache.org/fop/download.html

However, I doubt that this is a problem with the download. I don't recognize
the error message. Where is it coming from? The download? The unzip? The
untar? xalan? fop? the web server? a servlet engine? a browser?

Please also review:
especially the second paragraph, regarding sending plain text emails.

Victor Mote