Posted to dev@shiro.apache.org by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com> on 2009/03/10 18:20:49 UTC

JSecurity name change

The incubator project JSecurity has voted to change its name.  We have
already/will moved the Jira issues and Confluence.

I am wondering about the mailing lists SVN setup.  What steps should
we take?

Regards,
Alan

Re: JSecurity name change

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
On Mar 12, 2009, at 5:16 PM, Brett Porter wrote:

> On 13/03/2009, at 4:51 AM, Les Hazlewood wrote:
>
>> Brett - please hold off on this for now.  We need to discuss some
>> things as a team first.
>
> ok, though I'm not exactly sure what there is to discuss :) The
> lists are done transparently and the names follow the convention.
>
> anyway, there is certainly no rush (you could well wait for
> graduation, really). Just let us know in the issue.

We have, yet another, naming conflict and we have to select a new
name.  Ugh!

Regards,
Alan

Re: JSecurity name change

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
On 13/03/2009, at 4:51 AM, Les Hazlewood wrote:

> Brett - please hold off on this for now.  We need to discuss some
> things as a team first.

ok, though I'm not exactly sure what there is to discuss :) The lists
are done transparently and the names follow the convention.

anyway, there is certainly no rush (you could well wait for
graduation, really). Just let us know in the issue.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org

Re: JSecurity name change

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.
Brett - please hold off on this for now.  We need to discuss some things as
a team first.

Thanks,

Les

Re: JSecurity name change

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Re: JSecurity name change

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.

>  we've already told the existing lists that there will be a move soon.
> Once we have access to the new lists, we'll send another message saying
> we've made the move.  Then we can shut down the existing lists a little
> while after.
>

> That's not necessary, the lists will be moved from the current location to
> the new one (posts to the old addresses will be delivered to the new lists).
> Is it ok to do that now then?

Yep, I would think so.

Re: JSecurity name change

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
On 13/03/2009, at 12:43 AM, Les Hazlewood wrote:

> Yep, we've already told the existing lists that there will be a move
> soon.  Once we have access to the new lists, we'll send another
> message saying we've made the move.  Then we can shut down the
> existing lists a little while after.

That's not necessary, the lists will be moved from the current
location to the new one (posts to the old addresses will be delivered
to the new lists). Is it ok to do that now then?

> Currently, the only work being done is Alan's refactoring job to
> change the code from org.jsecurity.* to org.apache.ki.*.  Since this
> is signifanct, there are no other developers touching the
> repository. When he's done with that, we can move over to SVN at
> that point.

That's probably the best time to do it then. It won't affect his work
more than an SVN switch and he can coordinate with infra directly.

> Here is the Jira issue:  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-1937

Thanks,
Brett

Re: JSecurity name change

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.
Yep, we've already told the existing lists that there will be a move soon.
Once we have access to the new lists, we'll send another message saying
we've made the move.  Then we can shut down the existing lists a little
while after.

Currently, the only work being done is Alan's refactoring job to change the
code from org.jsecurity.* to org.apache.ki.*.  Since this is signifanct,
there are no other developers touching the repository. When he's done with
that, we can move over to SVN at that point.

Here is the Jira issue:  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-1937

Please let me know if there is anything else.

Thanks for the help!

Les

Re: JSecurity name change

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.