Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Daniel Fridlender <df...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/03 18:30:00 UTC

[classlib][java.math] optimization of BigInteger.modPow and BigInteger.pow

Hi,

We have submitted in http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-1981
an optimization of BigInteger methods modPow and pow.

The optimization in modPow was achieved by introducing sliding windows
instead of the square-and-multiply method.  Some gain was obtained
also from an optimized Montgomery multiplication used for computing
squares.

The method pow was optimized accordingly by improving the computation
of squares.

Thanks

Daniel

Re: [classlib][java.math] optimization of BigInteger.modPow and BigInteger.pow

Posted by Alexey Petrenko <al...@gmail.com>.
Daniel,

These results looks really cool!

Could you please add this data or a link to this thread to the
corresponding issue?
And I'll look into the issue and applly it.

SY, Alexey

Posted by Daniel Fridlender <df...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alexey,

Posted by Alexey Petrenko <al...@gmail.com>.