Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by James Mitchell <jm...@telocity.com> on 2002/11/12 22:06:22 UTC

RE: Replacing Action.* with Globals.******** README *********

Since we are all bashing David (LOL...just kidding), may I make one more
suggestion.

Can we all agree to separate code changes with format changes?

I usually check every commit to see if it impacts something I might be
working on (bug fix or personal dev) and as I was browsing my mail this
morning, I found that reading through a couple of "recent commits " <wink/>
was giving me a migraine.  Finding the actual code changes was impossible.

In fact, we probably should not be using our IDE's 'reformat' features
unless the current page formatting is complete crap.  If we each reformat
every time we open and change a file.  We will see battles emerging between
JBuilder, NetBeans, Eclipse, and others.

If that sounds feasible, I would also recommend to those of us just using
text editors to turn off the 'trim trailing spaces' when saving.  This
causes just as much of a headache.

Your thoughts?

James Mitchell
Software Engineer/Struts Evangelist
http://www.open-tools.org

"If you were plowing a field, which would you rather use? Two strong oxen or
1024 chickens?"
- Seymour Cray (1925-1996), father of supercomputing

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@telocity.com>.
Ah yes, I almost forgot about that one.

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.