Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Stephane MAGAND <st...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/19 18:57:24 UTC

Spamassassin, no new version ?

Hi

Since Jun 2008, he don't have a new version of spamassassin ? the project
are dead ?

I wan change my mail server, actually with a old version of spamassassin.
Can you say me the best
choice for best result ?

SpamAssassin + ?
     what rules.cf
     Pyzor ? Razor ? Dcc ?
     What RBL ?

If i want put more that one server, can i use only one bayes server ?

Thanks for your help.
Stephane

Re: Spamassassin, no new version ?

Posted by Aaron Wolfe <aa...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 1:05 PM, Mikael Syska <mi...@syska.dk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 6:57 PM, Stephane MAGAND
> <st...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Since Jun 2008, he don't have a new version of spamassassin ? the project
>> are dead ?
>
> Are you even reading the mailing list? or  3.3.0 should published soon.

To be fair, the SA news page does give the impression that nothing has
happened since 08:  http://spamassassin.apache.org/news.html
This is not the first confused/concerned post like this in recent
weeks.  I guess when 3.3.0 comes out this will be mentioned on the
news page and help sort folks out?

Personally, I think it is a testament to the quality of SA that few
updates are needed to the core software.  The logic being in rules
also reduces the need to update the core that much I would think.

>> I wan change my mail server, actually with a old version of spamassassin.
>> Can you say me the best
>> choice for best result ?
>>
>> SpamAssassin + ?
>>      what rules.cf
>>      Pyzor ? Razor ? Dcc ?
>>      What RBL ?
>
> Default SA ... 3.2.5 then when you got used to all the settings, do experiment.

Google is your friend.  Many guides available, some better than
others, none that will be exactly what you want.  Getting a SA config
that works well for your site takes time, patience and willingness to
experiment and learn.  If you don't have these, please do yourself and
your users a favor and hire an expert to do this for you.

Posted by Mikael Syska <mi...@syska.dk>.
Hi,