Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Alex The Rocker <al...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/20 21:59:03 UTC

Which JSON notations are supported by TomEE+ ?

Hello,

I have a requirement to build a web application with JSON web services and
which must be portable accross Apache TomEE+ "next GA release = 1.5 ?", IBM
WebSphere 8.5 and ORACLE WebLogic 12c.
I'd like to use pure Java EE 6 APIs to make portability simple.

I am currently confused by JAX-RS 1.1 : appart from Java EE 6’s
javax.ws.rs.core.MediaType.APPLICATION_JSON constant, I don't find much
about JSON in JAX-RS specifications.

Is there a way to control which JSON notation is generated by JAX-RS web
services in TomEE+ ?

Note : uou will find in this link :

http://jersey.java.net/nonav/documentation/latest/json.html#d4e949

a description of the Various JSON Notation (at least from a Jersey point of
view)

For example, is NATURAL notation supported by JSON implementation in TomEE+
?

If the generated JSON depends on which application server my application is
deployed, then it'd make impossible writing with single source code, I'm
afraid... isn't it ?

Thanks,
Alex.

Re: Which JSON notations are supported by TomEE+ ?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
It uses jaxb.

See default cxf json mapper

Posted by Alex The Rocker <al...@gmail.com>.