Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Szalay-Bekő Máté <sz...@gmail.com> on 2022/12/16 12:28:19 UTC

[VOTE] Apache ZooKeeper release 3.6.4 candidate 1

This is a bugfix release candidate for 3.6.4. It fixes 41 issues, including
CVE fixes,
log4j1 removal (using reload4j from now) and various other bug fixes
(thread leaks, data
corruption, snapshotting and SASL related fixes).

Please note, that based on our Release Strategy (
https://zookeeper.apache.org/releases.html#release-strategy) branch 3.6
should become end-of-life and most likely 3.6.4 will be our last 3.6
release.

The full release notes is available at:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310801&version=12350076

*** Please download, test and vote by December 28th 2022, 23:59 UTC+0. ***

Source files:
https://people.apache.org/~symat/zookeeper-3.6.4-rc1/

Maven staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/zookeeper/zookeeper/3.6.4/

The release candidate tag in git to be voted upon: release-3.6.4-1
https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/commits/release-3.6.4-1
(please note, branch-3.6.4 will move here only after the vote)

ZooKeeper's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
https://www.apache.org/dist/zookeeper/KEYS

The staging version of the website is:
https://people.apache.org/~symat/zookeeper-3.6.4-rc1/website/

Should we release this candidate?

Best regards,
Máté

Re: [VOTE] Apache ZooKeeper release 3.6.4 candidate 1

Posted by Szalay-Bekő Máté <sz...@gmail.com>.
I think it is best to fix this issue before doing the release, especially
as Chris already provided the fix. Thank you for working on it!! Also
thanks Enrico for the quick review!
I merged ZOOKEEPER-4654
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-4654> to all branches and
will include it also to RC 2.

I am cancelling this VOTE and will send a new one soon.

Best regards,
Máté

Posted by Szalay-Bekő Máté <sz...@gmail.com>.
Hello Chris,