Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Pavel Afremov <pa...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/27 17:34:07 UTC

[drlvm][object][testing] Snapshot testing for uncompressed references mode

Hi

Uncompressed references support was implemented but was not tested closely
yet.
I'd like to propose change default mode of DRLVM on x86-64 to
"uncompressed". With such a change we can test uncompressed references mode
with default snapshot testing.
If snapshot testing will show bad results, we can switch default mode again.

You can find all required changes in
HARMONY-5355<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-5355>
.

Thanks
Pavel Afremov.

Re: [drlvm][object][testing] Snapshot testing for uncompressed references mode

Posted by Stepan Mishura <st...@gmail.com>.
On 1/9/08, Vladimir Beliaev <vl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It looks like there is no objections to temporarily switch the mode to
> uncompressed using HARMONY-5355.
>
> If I'm correct then - Stepan, could you do this, please?

The patch was applied at r610727.

-Stepan.

Posted by Vladimir Beliaev <vl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ilya Berezhniuk <il...@gmail.com>.
Alexey,

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.

--
With best regards,
Alexei,

Re: [drlvm][object][testing] Snapshot testing for uncompressed references mode

Posted by Gregory Shimansky <gs...@apache.org>.

--
Gregory

Re: [drlvm][object][testing] Snapshot testing for uncompressed references mode

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
Pavel,

You wrote:
> I'd like to propose change default mode of DRLVM on x86-64 to "uncompressed".

I'm not against this suggestion, just trying to understand details. Do
you propose a temporary or permanent change? Which mode most of x86-64
users would like to use?

Thanks.

--
With best regards,
Alexei,

Re: [drlvm][object][testing] Snapshot testing for uncompressed references mode

Posted by Ilya Berezhniuk <il...@gmail.com>.
I support this idea.