Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Danilo Luiz Rheinheimer <da...@floripa.com.br> on 2003/03/18 03:21:29 UTC

Re[2]: Evaluating expression on my custom tags

Hello David,

  You are right. I just found the
org.apache.taglibs.standard.tag.el.core.ExpressionUtil class when
looking on the c:out tag source code.
  I am invoking it from my tag lib and it is working very well.
  But this use of the ExpressionUtil class is ok ? Can I expect his
interface to be stable on the next releases of JSTL implementation ?
Or this can broke my code ?

  Danilo.

KD> The Jakarta JSTL implementation provides a public API that you can use
KD> in your own tag libraries.  You can browse the javadoc for the
KD> "ExpressionEvaluatorManager" class.  You could also browse the source
KD> code for the "Struts-EL" contributed library in the Struts distribution.
KD> If you inspect the "EvalHelper" class and any of the "EL..Tag" classes,
KD> you'll see numerous examples of this.

Best regards,
 Danilo                            mailto:danilo@floripa.com.br