execute job in a remote jobtracker in YARN?

Hi,

I want to execute a job remotely. So, I was thinking in serialize the
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Job class and send it to a remote component
that I create that launches the job there, or find a way to transform
the Job class into a configuration file that my remote component will
execute the job.

Is it possible to execute a Job in a remote jobtracker in YARN? If so,
what is the best way to do it?

Thanks,

WebHDFS and 100-continue

Posted by Ulul <ha...@ulul.org>.
Hi

Something is unclear to me in webHDFS API doc :
It states that the worklow is 2-steps (return 307 to redirect to
datanode, then client requests DN to upload data) as a workaround in
100-continue bug in Java/Jetty.

My understanding would be that in any case the redirect from NN to DN
would be kept and that we would have :
To NN: Expect: 100-continue
Response 307 DN
To DN : Expect: 100-continue
Response 100-continue

So the two steps would be kept

What do I miss there ?
Thanks for enlightment
Ulul

https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-hdfs/WebHDFS.html#Create_and_Write_to_a_File

WebHDFS and 100-continue

Re: execute job in a remote jobtracker in YARN?

Posted by 杨浩 <ya...@gmail.com>.
Do you mean you want to execute a job in the remote cluster which don't
contain you node?
If you copy the configure of RM to your own computer, and this computer
will be taken as the hadoop client. Then you can execute the job through
'hadoop jar', the job will be executed on remote cluster

WebHDFS and 100-continue

Posted by 杨浩 <ya...@gmail.com>.

WebHDFS and 100-continue

Posted by 杨浩 <ya...@gmail.com>.