Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by "Dr. Klemens Waldhör" <Wa...@t-online.de> on 2002/07/25 08:52:11 UTC

Indexes, attributes and XPATH usage / Fuzzy indexing

Hi,

Sorry to bother you as developers with my questions, but I did not get
an answer throught the user list.

First question:

After some tests I have the impression that xindice's xpath queries do
not work through nested-collections, just at the level of the specified
collection.

I could show this as I find the matching entries if I fully qualify the
collection, but if I do the same on a collection "higher up in the tree"
I do not find the match anymore.

Is this assumption correct ? And does it apply to the indexing
meachanism too ?

(I am using Windows XP).

Second Question:

I intend to add some fuzzy indexing (similarity search) for textual
information in text nodes (or text based attributes). I have a nice and
relatively simple procedure for such an index. Actually I could realise
this in two different ways:
A) Fuyzz index is external and I add some special functions to access
and search; this is the easiest and fastest solution, but no real
integration
B) I add it directly into the database as an index and adapt the search
functions (or add a special on for that). Can you give me some hints
which code parts I have to look at if I want to go for this solution ?
And what is the best way to add this functionality ?

Klemens

AW: Indexes, attributes and XPATH usage / Fuzzy indexing

Posted by Dirk Bromberg <br...@tzi.de>.
Hi,
To your first question:

the search does only work in a specified collection.

and the indexer works only for one collection too.

greets

Dirk Bromberg