Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by BRM <bm...@yahoo.com> on 2004/10/29 18:08:21 UTC

AuthzSVNAccessFile featurette request...

Just wanted to thank you all for helping me with
getting SubVersion up and running. It's working quite
well.

On a side note, I have a feature I'd like to request.

I am still setting up my new repository in that I need
to import that data still, and I am looking at a
configuration like the following:

/
/Project1
/Project1/tag
/Project1/branch
/Project1/trunk
/Project1/release
/Project2/
/Project2/tag
/Project2/branch
/Project2/trunk
/Project2/release

The release folder will be for explicit releases
(version 1.0, verion 2.0) of the product and will be
managed by a group (release_tech). In the
AuthzSVNAccessFile I would like to be able to do the
following:

[*:/*/release]
@release_tech = rw
@nonrelease_tech = r

Where '*' represents any repository, and '/*/' will
match any path whose last folder ends in what follows
(e.g. 'release'). So the above would set rw
permissions for the release tech to /Project1/release,
/Project2/release, etc. Theoretically, it would also
grant rw permissions for /Project1/submodule/release
to the release tech.

Does this make sense? Do anyone else see this as
useful?  I don't think it would be terribly hard to
implement.

BRM

Re: AuthzSVNAccessFile featurette request...

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Oct 29, 2004, at 1:08 PM, BRM wrote:

> [*:/*/release]
> @release_tech = rw
> @nonrelease_tech = r

We don't yet support wildcards in the [] sections, but the 1st half of
your request already works:

[/release]  will match the '/release' directory in *any* repository.