Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2005/11/25 05:55:56 UTC

Maven 1.x Repository

We've set up for testing the following repository for Maven 1.x users:

http://repo1.maven.org/maven

This maps directly onto the Maven 2 repository, converting the layout on
the fly. Being able to do this will reduce the amount of maintenance
required and ensure libraries arrive to all users as soon as possible.
Note however that Maven 1.x POMs will not be present - it will encounter
the Maven 2.x POM instead (not a problem - Maven 1.x does not use them).

We would greatly appreciate Maven 1.x users testing this and providing
feedback before we put it in place on Ibiblio.

(please only reply to the list you are reading this on, not both).

Thanks,
Brett

Re: Maven 1.x Repository

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Geoffrey,

I'd forgotten that limitation of M1. This wouldn't affect the final
conversion, but I'm looking into a way to test it.

Cheers,
Brett

Re: Maven 1.x Repository

Posted by Geoffrey <jc...@hotmail.com>.
Brett,

--
With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet

Re: Maven 1.x Repository

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Hi Rafal and others,

Can you please test: http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/test as your remote
repo. I have successfully bootstrapped m1 using this with the rules
turned on.

Thanks,
Brett

Re: Maven 1.x Repository