Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Jaya Gopalakrishnan (jgopalak)" <jg...@cisco.com> on 2008/04/15 05:12:40 UTC

question regarding shared locks on Files in NFS mounts

Hi All,

  We are trying to use NFS/NAS for storing our SVN repositories. But
when I tried to run the SVN commands on the repositories which are in
NFS, I get the following errors. The same thing works great if it is in
any other location other than NFS mounted directories.

The command that I tried to run :

opt/CollabNet_Subversion/bin/svnadmin hotcopy
/mvn-repo/svn/repositories/cisco.repo /tmp/18794/cisco.repo

The error that I am getting:

svnadmin: Can't get shared lock on file
'/mvn-repo/svn/repositories/cisco.repo/locks/db-logs.lock': No locks
available

I found some solutions on the mailer list from the earlier posting..

http://woss.name/2005/08/25/subversion-and-nfs-file-locking/
"...changed the NFS mount option from default to
"hard,intr,bg,nolock,rw" and remount the nfs directory to my local mount

point."

Any suggestion/solution on the above problem...?

Thanks and Regards,

Jaya