Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Fred Moyer <fr...@redhotpenguin.com> on 2009/01/26 17:57:34 UTC

One a (day|week|month) is good for mod_perl

You may have heard about the five a day meme for getting things done,
and if you read use.perl.org you will have seen people doing five
things a day for perl development.  That always looked a bit ambitious
to me, and seemed like a great goal if I had a lot of tuits, but I
don't :)

So I'm suggesting a new meme for those of us here to keep mod_perl
development going strong.  One a (day|week|month); grab a tuit once a
day, week, or and hack on some mod_perl.  Not only will you be helping
mod_perl, but you will be helping yourself - the brain needs
challenges to keep sharp, and we have plenty of them in mod_perl
development.

Take a break from work, take a break from your family, give yourself a
couple hours of personal time and go to a coffee shop and hack
mod_perl.  You'll be glad you did.