Posted to dev@oodt.apache.org by Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org> on 2017/10/10 18:47:07 UTC

Problem with Zookeeper-config feature in development branch

Hey Imesha,

I’m working with ZK-config feature and trying to merge it into the development
branch but running into errors related to the workflow manager tests:

https://paste.apache.org/Vd4a

FYI: it seems that the ZK config publishes workflow configuration here:
/projects/primary/components/wmgr/

But then expects to read it here:
/oodt/projects/default/components/wmgr

Which seems like a mismatch, no?

Can you help resolve this? I’m trying to get AvroRPC and ZK-config, merged, and
working in development branch, so that we can release a stable OODT 2.0.

Cheers,
Chris

Re: Problem with Zookeeper-config feature in development branch

Posted by Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org>.
Thanks Imesha, appreciate it. I think there is more going on with the 2nd test
though. I think it has to do with the workflow manager not being able to read
system properties from the distributed configuration. That test hasn’t failed in
years, and it has always read the needed properties from the workflow.properties
file locally. My guess is that the test is failing due to distributed configuration reading.
Can you double check? Or perhaps property files were moved?

Cheers,
Chris

On 10/11/17, 6:06 AM, "Imesha Sudasingha" <im...@cse.mrt.ac.lk> wrote:

    Hey Chris,

    The problem was with maven surefire plugin which had <forkMode> set to
    "never". Changed it to "perTest" which solved majority of the cases. I
    fixed it and sent a PR. please merge it to development if you feel ok. That
    PR include some changes in zookeeper module as well.

    Still there is an NPE in
    "org.apache.oodt.cas.workflow.repository.DataSourceWorkflowRepositoryFactory"
    at line 68. The problem there is, we are trying to use a JDBC connection
    even at the testing phase. But the property
    *org.apache.oodt.cas.workflow.repo.datasource.jdbc.driver* is always null.
    Can you look into that?

    Other tests are passing now.

    Regards,
    Imesha

    Kind Regards,
    *Imesha Sudasingha*
    Undergraduate of Department of Computer Science and  Engineering,
    University of Moratuwa,
    Sri Lanka.

    <https://lk.linkedin.com/in/imeshasudasingha>  <https://github.com/IMS94>
    <http://stackoverflow.com/users/4012073/imesha-sudasingha>