Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Paul Jackson <pa...@meridianinfo.com> on 2003/06/04 07:20:48 UTC

Can we get access to tag name in html template

Hi all,

I was wondering if we are able to get to the tag name in the html template in a similar way that we get to the 'informalParameters'?

I was hoping to reuse this tag name when rendering a custom built 'insert' component.
It would save having to have an extra <span> tag or a extra element binding...

eg. The following example would reuse the 'td' tag name when rendering the component.

Paul Jackson
Meridian Informatics

Phone: (02) 8233 7564
Mobile: 0418 855 496

Re: Can we get access to tag name in html template

Posted by Harish Krishnaswamy <hk...@comcast.net>.
If you are looking to insert a tag you may want to take a look at the
"Any" component. Take a look at the docs at
http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/doc_frame.html

-Harish