Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Федор Чернилин <in...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/14 09:16:54 UTC

Kafka connect tasks rebalancing

Hello. I'm concerned about the following question.
The documentation of Kafka Connect states that
"When a worker fails, tasks are rebalanced across the active workers. *When
a task fails, no rebalance is triggered as a task failure is considered an
exceptional case. As such, failed tasks are not automatically restarted by
the framework and should be restarted via the** REST API
<https://docs.confluent.io/current/connect/managing/monitoring.html#connect-managing-rest-examples>.*
",
but when one of my tasks failed, I got next
[image: Снимок.PNG]
I.e. rebalancing happens. Why? And can I manage this? Thanks

Fwd: Kafka connect tasks rebalancing