Posted to dev@oozie.apache.org by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org> on 2021/05/29 16:37:37 UTC

CMS Migration for Oozie

As you may recall the Apache CMS has been deprecated for over five years now and will be decommissioned
by July 31, 2021.

I’ve been tasked with moving Oozie's website away from the Apache CMS.
I will migrate your website to a Pelican build with GitHub Flavored Markdown (GFM).
For your reference the already migrated www-site is here https://github.com/apache/www-site/

The following will occur.
- A new git repository is created. oozie-site is preferred.
- CMS mdtext files are converted to md and stored in the content tree.
- Page templates will be converted essentially as is with some minor improvements.
- Site data feeds are analyzed. If required a data model will be created.
- HTML files (apidocs) built separately are copied into the content tree. I’ll make a judgement call on
 if these can be wrapped into the template.

The Apache CMS had a cumbersome process of individual checkouts -> staging -> publishing.
The new branching strategy is as follows:
- main will have the site content sources and any additional docs (like api docs).
- asf-site will have the production website which is automatically deployed to oozie.apache.org.
 During the migration we will deploy to oozie.staged.apache.org
- preview/release will have the website prepared for the next release. You will add release specific docs to this branch
- preview/release-staging will have the built preview website which is automatically deployed to oozie-release.staged.apache.org

This new plan allows for a redesign of your site without danger of premature deployment.
If you decide that GFM is not for oozie then you can switch to a different process within a preview branch.

Release steps for the website could be:
- Branch main as preview/release
- Make your updates to preview/release
- Confirm your changes on oozie-release.staged.apache.org
- Pull your changes from preview/release to main. oozie.apache.org is automatically updated.

All The Best,
Dave Fisher

Re: CMS Migration for Oozie

Posted by Gavin McDonald <gm...@apache.org>.
Other than a response from a Contributor, no Oozie committers or PMC members responded to my mails. As of today, I have disabled your site build and so you can no longer publish your website.

I await an INFRA jira ticket from yourselves to proceed with the migration so we can get you publishing once more

Gav...

Re: CMS Migration for Oozie

Posted by Swift Zuston <zu...@gmail.com>.
Hello, as an oozie contributor, I would like to participate in helping oozie cms migration. I will create a jira ticket to follow up, but as a contributor, it seems i don’t have to have permission to view oozie’s release process and it’s difficult to participate in the migration.

获取 Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>
________________________________
发送时间: Tuesday, August 31, 2021 3:13:24 PM
收件人: dev@oozie.apache.org <de...@oozie.apache.org>
主题: Re: CMS Migration for Oozie

Re: CMS Migration for Oozie

Posted by Gavin McDonald <gm...@apache.org>.