Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by chris holt <ch...@valco-data.com> on 2005/02/17 16:27:26 UTC

RE: RSS Portlet

This is a known issue and there is a FAQ on it at the Jetspeed web site.

Chris

Posted by Zhonghui Ning <zh...@9starresearch.com>.
Hello everyone,

I want to implement a portlet in jetspeed 2 + tomcat 5.0.28 + linux. My code can compile but I got a runtime error. The error is java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.jetspeed.container.JetspeedPortletConfig.The error part of my code is in the following.

Any help? Thanks.
Zhonghui

// PortletConfigImpl.java

package com.star.portlet;
import javax.portlet.PortletConfig;
public class PortletConfigImpl implements PortletConfig {
}

// StrutsPortlet.java

package com.star.portlet;
import javax.portlet.PortletConfig;
public class StrutsPortlet extends GenericPortlet {

        private PortletConfigImpl _portletConfig;

	public void init(PortletConfig config) throws PortletException {
		super.init(config);

		_portletConfig = (PortletConfigImpl)config;  // Error: java.lang.ClassCastException

		_editAction = getInitParameter("edit-action");
		_helpAction = getInitParameter("help-action");
		_viewAction = getInitParameter("view-action");

		_copyRequestParameters = GetterUtil.get(
			getInitParameter("copy-request-parameters"), true);
	}

}

Re: RSS Portlet

Posted by Carlos Torres <ct...@mcn.com.br>.
Thanks Chris, i found it.

If anybody need or like to know, the answer is

Copy the xalan.jar from Jetspeed distribution to
$CATALINA_HOME/common/endorsed directory (or JDK endorsed directory)

See you.

Carlos.

Re: RSS Portlet