Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch> on 2005/12/24 02:02:29 UTC

Off-line until next year

Christian helped me (Thanks!) with the release which is now on the
primary distribution server now and should be distributed on the mirrors
in the next 24 to 48h. The website will also be published any minute.

I'm now going to take a necessary break now until 2006-01-02. I'd
appreciate if somebody would take care of the various announcements.

While testing I found a bug I want you to know about: Rendering
examples/fo/basic/images.fo using the JDK 1.3 binary with no Jimi
library in the classpath causes a ClassDefNotFoundError. That means that
the image implementations currently don't check if the necessary library
classes are available in the classpath during run-time. This should
eventually be fixed.

Also, while waiting for the various builds to go through, I found an
interesting thread from the Fedora documentation people:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-docs-list/2005-December/msg00017.html

Reminds me that I need to have another go at GNU Classpath compatibility
for Batik and FOP. The Batik part is almost ready. Only build updates
necessary.

Happy Christmas everyone and happy new year!

Jeremias Maerki

Re: Off-line until next year

Posted by Andreas L Delmelle <a_...@pandora.be>.
On Jan 3, 2006, at 09:38, Jeremias Maerki wrote:

> Thank you, Andreas!
>
> However, that was only part of the list [1] but a lot better than
> nothing. I've just updated Freshmeat and will see if I have time later
> to do the rest of the announcements.

Oops, forgot to check that... I think I just copied it from the
previous release-mail, and only received the one addressed to the ASF
lists.

In any case, won't repeat those mistakes again. :-P

Cheers,

Andreas

Re: Off-line until next year

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Thank you, Andreas!

[1] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/dev/release.html#announcements

> On Dec 25, 2005, at 16:15, Andreas L Delmelle wrote:
>
> > On Dec 24, 2005, at 02:02, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> >
> >> I'm now going to take a necessary break now until 2006-01-02. I'd
> >> appreciate if somebody would take care of the various announcements.
> >
> > Sorry people. I tried, but apparently some problems with my GnuPG
> > plugin made me send blank messages...
>
> OK. Announcements on all lists done, apart from announce@apache.org,
> which didn't accept mails from my home-address...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Andreas

Jeremias Maerki

Re: Off-line until next year

Posted by Andreas L Delmelle <a_...@pandora.be>.

Re: Off-line until next year

Posted by Andreas L Delmelle <a_...@pandora.be>.
On Dec 24, 2005, at 02:02, Jeremias Maerki wrote:

> I'm now going to take a necessary break now until 2006-01-02. I'd
> appreciate if somebody would take care of the various announcements.

Sorry people. I tried, but apparently some problems with my GnuPG
plugin made me send blank messages...

Going to have a look at this ASAP, but if anyone finds the time to
write up a decent release message, feel free to do so. At least
people will already be aware of the beta release, albeit without too
many details :-/

Again, my apologies for this screw-up.

Merry Christmas everybody!

Cheers,