Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by Geoffry Roberts <th...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/02 14:58:50 UTC

Clarification of a comment I made on a previous thread.

All,

In the thread "REST server for the D4M Schema", I stated that I had
encountered compatibility issues with Octave that drove me to purchase
Matlab.  I would like to clarify that the issues had nothing to do with D4M
itself, but with getting Octave to compile on OSX with Java included.
 Octave w/ Java compiled nicely on Ubuntu, but gave me sufficient grief on
Centos that I made little effort to try a compile with OSX.  Instead, I did
a quckie cost/benefit assessment--hours vs dollars--and decided the license
would pay off.  I think it has.

I am now happily D4Ming my heart out.

--
There are ways and there are ways,