Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Christensen, Alan" <al...@hp.com> on 2005/12/09 17:26:45 UTC

When to use which http sampler?

I originally wrote all my scripts using the "HTTP Request" sampler.  Now
there is a second one that is called "HTTP Request HTTPClient".  What is
the advantage of using one vs the other?

So far the "HTTP Request" sampler has worked well for my tests except
that the line speed property cannot be used with this sampler.

The "HTTP Request HTTPClient" sampler does work with the line speed
property but the current version in the December 7th nightly build
doesn't seem to work with https (parameter issue?) and doesn't
decompress pages that were requested with compression enabled.  Hence
all assertions fail.  These issues would seem to make this new sampler
not worth using unless you must take advantage of the line speed
property.  Are there any advantages of this sampler that I don't know
about?  Why was it developed?

Re: When to use which http sampler?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
I realise now that it is checking for Transfer-Encoding, rather than
Content-Encoding.

Which one are you using?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.