Posted to users@maven.apache.org by David Jackman <Da...@fastsearch.com> on 2007/04/04 22:04:17 UTC

Manipulating the surefire booter classpath

To run my tests, I have to put in place an instrumentation jar using the
-javaagent commandline argument.  I added this using the argLine
property of the surefire configuration.  However, the instrumentation
jar has its own dependencies that aren't present in the surefire booter
classpath.  Adding them to my list of project dependencies isn't
enough--they need to be in the classpath when the JVM is started.

How do I do this?

Thanks,
..David..

RE: Manipulating the surefire booter classpath

Posted by David Jackman <Da...@fastsearch.com>.
Unfortunately, it appears that adding dependencies to the surefire
plugin does not affect the booter classpath in any way.

Any other ideas?

Assuming the instrumentation jar dependencies are available in Maven, I
might try adding them as plugin dependencies (inside the surefire plugin
node). You might also want to play with the forking modes and
SystemClassLoader surefire configuration options.

I've never done exactly this myself, but I'd be curious about your
configuration assuming you get it working... And I'm sure other people
would find this useful, too.

Wayne

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.