Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by ae...@rbc.com on 2003/10/16 11:44:06 UTC

Invalid characters produced in tcp trace

Hi,

I am not sure this is an Axis bug but I cannot find any other explanation
for it.  As requested I am posting to this mailing list for clarification.

Thanks,

Aedemar

Problem description....

tcptrace is a tool for analysis of TCP dump files.  We use this to view the
XML being sent and returned from a .NET client to an Axis web service
running on a Websphere server (hosted on either Win2K or iSeries V5R1).

We switched from using the Apache SOAP utilities provided with Websphere to
using Axis.  Since this switch we have noticed "strange" characters in the
XML for the web service request and response.

I have include the XML below.  The "strange" characters in question are 6b2
after the Transfer-Encoding and 0 at the end.

HTTP/1.1 100 Continue
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: WebSphere Application Server/4.0
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
6b2
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<soapenv:Body>
<ns1:getViewableCustomerSummariesArrayResponse
xmlns:ns1="urn:Inquiry">
<getViewableCustomerSummariesArrayReturn xsi:type="soapenc:Array"
soapenc:arrayType="ns2:CustomerSummaryDTO[1]"
xmlns:ns2="http://customer.as400.gpbonline.rbc.com"
xmlns:soapenc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
<item href="#id0"/>
</getViewableCustomerSummariesArrayReturn>
</ns1:getViewableCustomerSummariesArrayResponse>
<multiRef id="id0" soapenc:root="0"
xsi:type="ns3:CustomerSummaryDTO"
xmlns:ns3="http://customer.as400.gpbonline.rbc.com">
<bankCode xsi:type="xsd:int">1</bankCode>
<isRestrained xsi:type="xsd:boolean">false</isRestrained>
<transit xsi:type="xsd:int">6229</transit>
<hasWarnings xsi:type="xsd:boolean">false</hasWarnings>
<customerNumber xsi:type="xsd:int">5000765</customerNumber>
<name2 xsi:type="xsd:string"> </name2>
<name1 xsi:type="xsd:string">Mr D A Luxon </name1>
<legalName2 xsi:type="xsd:string"> </legalName2>
<currency xsi:type="xsd:string">GBP</currency>
<shortName xsi:type="xsd:string">LUXON D A </shortName>
<legalName1 xsi:type="xsd:string">MR DEREK ANDREW LUXON </legalName1>
</multiRef>
</soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>
0

------------------------------------------------------------This e-mail may be
privileged and/or confidential, and the sender does not waive any related
rights and obligations. Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the
information it contains by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized.
If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or
otherwise) immediately.

Ce courrier électronique est confidentiel et protégé. L'expéditeur ne renonce
pas aux droits et obligations qui s'y rapportent. Toute diffusion, utilisation
ou copie de ce message ou des renseignements qu'il contient par une personne
autre que le (les) destinataire(s) désigné(s) est interdite. Si vous recevez
ce courrier électronique par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser immédiatement, par
retour de courrier électronique ou par un autre moyen.