Posted to users@flex.apache.org by chris_d_k <ck...@christiankiefer.de> on 2014/12/02 20:31:40 UTC

Best way to define global properties in flex mobile for defining sizes of gaps, ...

When I want to define gaps, paddings, ... for the whole app at a specific
applicationDPI in all components - what is the best way to do this?

Re: Best way to define global properties in flex mobile for defining sizes of gaps, ...

Posted by chris_d_k <ck...@christiankiefer.de>.
Thanks for your fast respose!!!

Was not sure if I should set the porperties in the css, in some class ... or
in the topLevelApplication ...

Thanks!!!

Chris

Re: Best way to define global properties in flex mobile for defining sizes of gaps, ...

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
Best would be define it in your css file.  And in your classes, you can do
a getStyle("propertyName") to get the values.  Take a look at [1] for an
example of usage.
In the CSS file, you can specify different values based on the DPI.  This
will automatically get resolved by the framework during runtime.

Thanks,
Om

[1]
https://github.com/apache/flex-sdk/blob/develop/frameworks/projects/mobiletheme/defaults.css